I went to noon Jiu-Jitsu, Brett was teaching. Most of the guys from the gym went to Vegas for UFC 143: Diaz vs. Condit. Class went by pretty well, I helped my partner with drilling armbars, triangles, and kimuras from open guard. We then rolled starting on our feet which I'm pretty bad at. We mostly start rolling off our knees or in someone's guard. I was able to fight off any submissions and actually pulled off a single-leg. I also managed to get an armbar. During that armbar, I was trying to go for an inverted triangle, but we had a third guy working in with us. We would alternate guys every round. Well he kept pointing out the obvious. I was trying to work on some other options. He even grabbed my leg and moved it. It was a little annoying because I'm there training, trying to get better. If I only train certain things, my arsenal will be limited. I understand the concept of don't fear the man who practices 1,000 kicks, fear the man that practices 1 kick 1,000 times. I get that, but wouldn't it still be dangerous to practice 1,000 submissions 1,000 times?
After class I checked my phone and it was my work. I got called in to work the grave shift so I had to go straight home and sleep. Only I wasn't able to and worked an 8 hour grave shift 12 - 8 and was too exhausted to train on Saturday. Tomorrow I might go month to month at Cutting Edge so I can lift weights.
No comments:
Post a Comment