Sunday, January 29, 2012

Days 19-25

Okay, I fell of the wagon big time where I ate pretty much whatever I want and I ended up gaining three pounds. I also didn't train days 19-24. I slacked off big time in every way possible and I paid a price. The only thing I can do now is get back on it and work my ass off. I think a lot of it was that I just burned myself out. I was doing three a days and while I was starting to get used to it, the wake, work, train, school schedule was tough. I didn't really have time for anything else.

So I'm going to do a few changes. I'm going to do a modified diet where I will still eat a few breads, no more than four slices a day and zero will be the minimum. I'm still going to eat all organic meats, fruits, and vegetables. So I know it's not 100% Paleo, but I'm going to give it a shot.

Now for the days I actually did train.

On Friday, I did Jiu-Jitsu with Jason Manly and an Unofficial Conditioning Session with my buddy Mike Kruse.

In Jiu-Jitsu we worked a lot of half-guard stuff. We mainly drilled on getting shoulder pressure. I noticed during the drilling my partners were always able to get their forearms on my throat and it only hit me after the class was over that I need to close the space. It seemed really obvious after I had already been making the mistake. We then rolled for one 10 minute round and then one 5 minute round. The guy I rolled with for the 10 minute round took me in side control, but I managed to work to North South and managed to get a Darce. I really need to work on improving my position because I think that I was in a lot of bad positions, but I managed to get out of them. I want to be able to not be in those positions in the first place. The five minute round I got dominated by my friend Jon. He got me in all kinds of crazy positions.

The Cardio Session with Mike is an unofficial class, he and I just meet up to run through some conditioning. It's a great workout. We run 45 second stations for three minutes. Some stations include:

Turkish Get Ups
Kettle Bells
Sledghammer
Medicine Ball
Treadmill (Unpowered)
Clean and Jerk
Bear Crawls
Heavy Bag Kicks

So we did five rounds on four of these stations and finished off the session with ab work.

No comments:

Post a Comment