I skipped out on training at noon. I think it was probably the best thing for me today because I think I overtrained last night. So all I did was work conditioning and do the cardio kickboxing class.
I met up with Manny and Vance at 3:30PM and we worked a circuit including:
Getups with some kind of weighted bag
Kettlebell Swings
Some kind of thing with a 10 lbs and 15 lbs weight plate
Turkish Get Ups
Heavy Ropes
Versa Climber
Squeezing an MMA Grappling Bag
Medicine Ball Smashes
Some drill where we run around platforms
Heavy Bag Kicks
We did 5 3-minute rounds as well as a 1 round of jumping rope as a warm-up and then two laps around the heavy bag area as a cool down.
Cardio Kickboxing is always tough for me. We actually worked some combos which were pretty fun. I noticed that Vance's kicks have gotten way better than when he first started. Seriously, his kicks were pretty sad. Now they're actually pretty good. I spent 45 minutes after class eating my protein bar and just hanging out with the people in the gym. Today was actually fairly easy except that I always struggle in the Cardio Kickboxing class. I was also told that I can go to the Advanced Kickboxing class which they're starting to do beginning on Tuesday. There are actually three new classes including:
Boxing with Danny "Dynamite" Perez
Advanced Kickboxing with Raja Shippen
Submission Wrestling with Mark Munoz and some other Pro Fighters.
I'm actually pretty excited about the Submission Wrestling class. Most of the guys in the gym joined up because they are fans of Mark, and some of us were actually wanting more interaction with him. (He rarely teaches classes other than the Wrestling class) The fact that he's going to be teaching this class is really cool. I also wanted to try out Boxing when it was still taught by Abel Nunez, but I struggled to be able to make it to class on time because of work. That and I was a little intimidated. Advanced Kickboxing, I think I'll be able to still do it because there aren't any other classes at 7 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I've kind of been avoiding kickboxing because of my preparation for Grappling X.
Today I ate:
Oatmeal with an egg white and a handful of berries.
Almonds and a Fuji Apple
Grilled Chicken and Kimchi for Lunch and Dinner
Builder's Bar (Cookies and Cream)
I'm craving pizza pretty bad, but I've been able to fight it off.
I also received my book in the mail today. I read the first chapter and so far it's a little background about the author and testimonials from people that tried the diet. Towards the back there's a 30-day Meal Plan. One thing that kind of troubles me is that there's something different to eat everyday. This isn't so bad, but it makes it hard to cook 21 different meals that might take 5 minutes to an hour to cook. I think I'm just going to use it as a reference and make up my own meals, but still follow the Paleo guidelines.
A friend of mine were talking about the Paleo Diet and I gave him this video to watch. Robb Wolf addresses some of the questions people have about the Paleo Diet. I'm really looking forward to starting this diet. Maybe I'll go grocery shopping tomorrow and start the diet early!
No comments:
Post a Comment