Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 29

My foot feels good as new! It hurt this morning, but after lunch I didn't even notice it anymore. I went to training and worked on Jiu-Jitsu with Jason Manly and Boxing with Danny Perez.

In Jiu-Jitsu we worked on this sweep from half-guard which took a little getting used to and I know I still don't have it down, but it's starting to come together. When it came time to roll, I was put in a group with all veterans. I know that the two of them were blue belts, and I'm not sure about the other, but I remember he was way better than me when I started and has only improved since then. I felt that I was okay moving around, I was able to re-establish position okay, but I did get submitted a few times. We did 3 10 minute rounds with each person.

In Boxing we worked on some cardio and drilled some combos. I still think that my striking is my main strength. I need to work on my defense and movement. Something I think will only come in time with more sparring.

Today I ate:

Granola with Almond Milk and Sliced Banana
2 Eggs Over Easy, 2 Bacon
Chicken Stir-Fry
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken with Basil and a side of mixed vegetables

No comments:

Post a Comment