Today I helped Rob Najar out with the Kids' Jiu-Jitsu class even though they probably know more than I do. I figured at least I could serve as a visual aide so Rob can demonstrate the technique. It was a mad house. Kids doing all kinds of things and there was this one dad that kept trying to get a private lesson for his son because it's his third class.
I worked on my BJJ from 10AM until around 12:30PM today. We worked on various ways to sink in an armbar as well as a couple defenses for the armbar. I rolled with Manny "Bam Bam" Lara and I actually felt I did pretty well. I was able to get a takedown, in the end though I got subbed, but I felt pretty good. I also rolled with this guy named Arthur and was able to get a submission there too. I think I'm finally breaking out of my plateau. Vance Swoboda finally showed up pretty close to 11:45AM and he and I drilled with Rob. Mark Munoz and Krzysztof Soszynski were shooting a commercial so we had to keep it down. I spoke with Krzysztof's son, Nick, about how weird is it to see your dad do commercials and he was like, "It's REALLY weird." haha Good day of training.
Today was also my free meal, which means it's one of the days I allow myself to eat meat. I was asked previously if I was a vegetarian. I'm not, at least I'm not a vegetarian everyday. I have gout, which is basically a form of arthritis that during an attack it's painful enough where having a blanket on the affected joint causes unbearable pain. The main trigger comes from animal protein, so that's why I try to limit my meat consumption. It isn't because of some morals or anything like that. It's for health reasons. I am researching other diet methods. A friend of mine mentioned the Paleo Diet, but the two times a week seems to work for me so far.
Today I ate:
A Bowl of Granola with Sliced Banana.
New York Steak and Green Beans and Broccoli from Black Angus
Yellow Tofu Curry with Brown Rice and Vegetables.
Hmmm, I'm full today, but that's only three meals. I think I messed up on the whole six smaller meals a day.
No comments:
Post a Comment