No Day 7 post because I didn't train and I ate my cheat meal of Chicken Curry Yakitori and some rolls.
Today I did the Cardio Kickboxing and Muay Thai with Raja Shippen, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu with Brett Cooper.
In Cardio Kickboxing I pushed myself hard to get my reward. It was hard but I persevered and got through the class. In Muay Thai we sparred and I am sooooo bad at blocking. I can throw punches, I can throw kicks, but defending punches and kicks I get hit way too much. I think I need to spar more or try to set up a private to correct it, because I know I'm doing something wrong.
In BJJ, there were only three other guys and I really like it when class is small like that. You get a lot of individualized attention. Since Brett was subbing for Rob tonight, some of the moves we drilled were a bit different. Of course, I'm not one to turn down anyone willing to help me out, so I do the move his way. If I don't like it, I won't use it, but I'll for sure give it a try. I was able to get more submissions than I usually do and one of the guys that I've had lots of trouble with grappling-wise told me that I'm moving around a lot better.
I think something finally clicked. Before I was more reserved and didn't really want to try anything. Now I feel like I'm letting in some creativity and I'm going for things that we drilled and things are just clicking. It's feeling really good, despite the fact that I'm sure I'll end up feeling really sore tomorrow.
I started drinking green tea after every meal now. It's something I did during my first weight cut and I think it might help. I've been pretty frustrated that I haven't really been losing any weight. I wish I could just eat healthy, but I actually have to be careful even with food that's considered healthy. Today I ate:
Smoothie (2 Scoops Vanilla Syntha-6, Banana, Frozen Berries, and Almond Milk)
Steel Cut Oats w/an egg white and a handful of blueberries.
Spaghetti Squash with "Meat" Sauce
A Honeycrisp Apple
Tofu Stir Fry
Builder's Bar
1 Scoop of Vanilla Syntha-6
I'm actually craving a small glass of almond milk too, so I think I'll do that. My weight is at 205.7 right now. Hopefully it goes lower tomorrow so I can reach my goal of 170.
I also took off my Elevation Training Band today. I'm pretty convinced it's just a placebo because I don't notice much of a difference other than the fact that I got used to feeling it on my wrist.
No comments:
Post a Comment