
After Friday's Jits class we spoke with Rob Najar our other grappling coach, he told us that we need to rest up and ice because Saturday's class was going to be tough. Saturday came around and it turned out to be an hour and a half of Grappling and an hour to an hour and a half of conditioning. We worked on escaping from half guard and worked on a bunch of technique. Me noticing that I need to get my head closer to apply shoulder pressure helped out a lot as I was able to maintain side control a lot easier. I rolled with some great guys too. Shohei Yamamoto and Taison Naito, both champions in Kyokushin Karate are also pretty good grapplers. Last time I rolled with Shohei he butterfly swept me three times. This time I was able to defend them. They both still tapped me out, but I think I might have reached a new level. I then rolled with Dennis Palmer, it was his third class ever. So we rolled after I got a few submissions, I then spent some time going over some stuff like Anacondas and Darces vs. Guillotines and some other defense stuff. I was told by Luke Adams that teaching reinforces your learning and it really does, and when it comes down to it. Helping out your training partners is the right thing to do. In the end you get better training partners and you become better too. No accomplishment in being the best in the gym. I rolled with two other guys named Jon and John. I felt that I was able to move better with those two, but I wasn't able to submit them. I think Jon, got me in one, but I don't really remember.
Unofficial Conditioning Class took place maybe 10 - 15 minutes after class ended. We set up Clean
Power/Battling Ropes
Treadmill (Unpowered)
Medicine Ball
Kettlebells
Burn Machine
Sledghammer Slam
We did four 5 minute rounds 1 minute at each station with a 1 minute break in between rounds.
We finished the workout with ab work.
Today I'm going to the South Orange County Meet Up Group, they're meeting at:
Wardance Training Center
3198-C Airport Loop
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
I'll let you guys know how it goes unless of course you guys wanna come down. It's today at noon and there is going to be a 5 dollar mat fee.
No comments:
Post a Comment