Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 15

It was tough to wake up this morning. I don't know if it was just because it was Monday, but I let my backup alarm wake me up. Work kind of dragged by and I think it was especially slow because I was looking forward to getting in there and training.

When I got to Reign I did three classes. I did:

Cardio Kickboxing and Muay Thai with Raja Shippen
Submission Wrestling with Brett Cooper

Cardio Kickboxing I think I did fairly well. We went through our normal routine which really gets the sweat going. I suck at the end with the planks and the side planks. Usually I keep slipping from the sweat. Gross, I know! Muay Thai we drilled some combos in a live drill. So it was like we were going to hit each other if we didn't block, but at the same time, we weren't sparring. I kept getting the combo confused when I was holding for my partner. That was a little frustrating and I felt kind of bad that I kept messing up.

Submission Wrestling was a new class. Brett Cooper taught the class and we went over Kneebars, VonFlue Choke, and a Darce from Side Control Bottom. I loved each of those moves. The VonFlue is one that I briefly learned, but not enough to really reinforce it. it was more of a "Watch out for this." type learning experience. This class though, we drilled it for about five minutes. I was even able to get the VonFlue and the Darce in on my partners. It's always a nice feeling when you learn a move that day in class, and are able to execute it live.

I'm officially convinced that the Elevation Training Band is just a placebo. I felt just as tired or energized with it on as I did without it on. I'm not going to wear it anymore because it's really just a piece of cheap jewelry. Maybe other people have a different opinion, but I don't feel a difference.

I also started my Paleo Diet today. Right now, the claims are true. I went through three classes at Reign, and I felt like I could still do one more to max out like I did on Thursday. Aside from being sore from my workout, I feel pretty damn good.

Today I ate:

Smoothie (Blueberries, Banana, Almond Milk, 2 Eggs)
Handful of Almonds
Bison Chili
Handful of Honey Cashews (The verdict of the Paleo-Friendliness is still out on this)
Garlic-Cumin Chicken Skewers with Quinoa and Broccoli
Three Hard Boiled Eggs

I ate eggs instead of protein powder, because I don't think that BSN Syntha-6 is Paleo.

No comments:

Post a Comment