Friday, January 6, 2012

Day Five

I'm on a 4x10 schedule at work so I have every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off unless I work Overtime. So I did two classes today, but one class wasn't a real class.

First, I did Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu with Jason Manly. I hadn't done the noon Jiu-Jitsu class in forever. I was out of training for pretty much the whole month of November due to preparing for job interviews, writing papers for school, and being sick for two weeks. December was just bad in general with a combination of laziness and the holidays. Anyways, when I got there we did a warm-up and then we did a class tournament. I felt really discouraged because I was eliminated in the first round. I was pinned down and had my back mounted and I was just in bad positions. I was lucky that I wasn't submitted. After the mini-tournament, we rolled with anyone in the class and my partner that beat me in the mini-tournament I was able to get with a Gogoplata and a Triangle. Then I paired off with a guy that was clearly more advanced than I was. He was a bit of a jerk. He made fun of one of my failed submission attempts and full mounted me then stuck his finger in my face. I didn't let it show that it bothered me. The round ended and so did the class.

The second "class" was me meeting up with Manny "Bam Bam" Lara, Mike Kruse, and Adrian Gutierrez to do Krzysztof Soszynski's conditioning curriculum. It involved circuit training rounds that include:

Round 1
Get Ups Off the Wall (Not sure what it's called but you hold onto a type of bag.)
Kettlebell Swings (30 lbs.)
Medicine Ball Slams (30 lbs.)
Sledgehammers Against a Tractor Tire
Self-Propelled Treadmill
Ropes

Round 2
Turkish Get Ups
Plate Presses (Again, not sure on the official name)
Self-Propelled Treadmill
Ropes
Kettlebell Swings (30 lbs.)
Power Kicks Against a Heavy Bag

We did 30 seconds at each station and I did two rounds of each. My shirt was drenched in sweat, but I still did some ab exercises as well.

I ate:

Granola with some sliced bananas and Almond Milk
Builder's Bar (Mint Chocolate)
Spaghetti Squash with "Meat" Sauce
Asian-Marinated Tofu with Bok Choy and Brown Rice
Subway Veggie Patty Sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment