I woke up at 4AM this morning, and I did some homework. I ate, I went to work, and I planned on training. Unfortunately my stomach wasn't feeling too great and the last thing I wanted to do was throw up on the mat. So I decided to stay home, work on some more homework and hit up the fitness center to lift some weights.
My fitness center is tiny, about the size of my living room. It's equipped with a treadmill, an elliptical, a stationary bike, and an all in one resistance machine. It doesn't have the standard weight measurements, instead it's labeled with levels. Like 1, 2, 3, etc. I also brought my dumbell, it weighs 35 lbs. which is all I need for now.
I'm doing what Men's Fitness calls The Spartacus Workout. It's inspired by the show Spartacus on Starz.
So I started out with 60 seconds with a goblet squat, then mountain climber, then single-arm dumbbell swing, then t-push up, then split jump, then dumbbell row, dumbell side lunge and touch, pushup position row, dumbbell lunge and rotation, dumbbell push press. After two circuits of that I ended up puking. I wanted to go for three sets though, and I was able to finish.
I got the workout idea from The Men's Health Big Book of Exercises. With a previous subscription it cost me 10 bucks and it has a lot of good information. The only problem is that you can pretty much find most of the workouts online for free.
This is what I ate today:
Two Tofurkey Sandwiches on Sandwich Thins, Oatmeal, Fresh Blueberries and Blackberries, with a little bit of Almond Milk and Organic Agave.
A Honeycrisp Apple with Raw Almonds
Yellow Tofu Curry with Vegetables and Brown Rice
Builder's Bar Cookies and Cream
Bean and Cheese Burrito
2 Scoops of BSN Snytha-6
The Elevation Training Band, placebo or not is actually helping me feel a lot more energy throughout the day. A few more days and I'm going to take it off and try to compare the difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment