Work was long and boring. It was a grind just to get through it. Usually when this happens I feel drained. I think that since I've been going straight from work to Reign that it's been easier to get in there. There's no time inbetween where I end up convincing myself not to go.
I did the Cardio Kickboxing class with Raja Shippen and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu with Rob Najar.
In Cardio Kickboxing, I sucked. I felt sluggish and tired the whole time and I didn't like how I felt at all. I forced myself through it, but I kept looking at the clock. I don't like doing that because I'm there to work not just to kill time. I'll do better...I guess on Thursday since I don't plan to do this class tomorrow.
BJJ, we drilled footlocks and I think it was partially aimed at me because Rob knows I plan to compete. Then again, I think I motivated some people to compete more. I know a bunch of guys are going to do the Subfighter MMA tournament. I'm starting to think maybe I should do that as well to gauge where I'm at. I had trouble with the drills, I think it might be getting used to the positioning and maybe some flexibility. We then rolled and all three guys I rolled with I think are better than me. This of course isn't a problem, that just means I have a better opportunity to learn. I think the guys I rolled with were some of the better guys in class too. It was great practice, but I will always wish that I could have done better.
I think I've decided that beginning Sunday I'm going to give the Paleo Diet a shot. I'll start the diet on Sunday so I can use up all my current groceries. I also ordered "The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet" by Robb Wolf. From what I understand is that it's good for those with gout, of course I have to watch certain things like how much asparagus I eat because of the purine content. Other Paleo people don't have to worry about things like that.
Today I ate:
Smoothie (Banana, Almond Milk, 2 Scoops of Syntha-6, and a handful of blueberries.)
Steel-Cut Oatmeal with Blueberries
White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Cookie
Tofu Stir Fry
Fuji Apple
Quinoa Bowl (Trader Joe's Quinoa, an egg, and veggie crumbles.)
Builder's Bar (Chocolate)
Mini Bowl (Small Teriyaki Bowl) California Rolls, and Miso Soup.
I'm really tired. I wonder if the Elevation Training Band has anything to do with this!
No comments:
Post a Comment