Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 11

Exhausted is an understatement of how I feel today. I couldn't sleep last night and ended up falling asleep around 12:30AM this morning. I woke up at 4 to get ready for work and left my place at 5:20-5:30ish. I worked from 6 - 10:30 and I had a doctor's appointment to discuss the results of my blood test a week before the holidays. More on that later. I got back to work at 12:30 and finished the workday until 4PM. I went straight to training and did Cardio Kickboxing at 5, Jiu-Jitsu at 6, and MMA at 7. Here's how stuff went down.

I got to the Cardio Kickboxing class with Raja Shippen and I was working harder than I usually do things. Last night while I was on the bench Luke gave me a pep talk that a lot of things were mental and I need to fight through it, so I did at the Cardio Kickboxing class. I was already pretty tired by the end of class.

When Jiu-Jitsu with Rob Najar started we worked on some more leg locks. This one specifically was the toe hold. It feels a little awkward, but I guess it'll come the more I practice kind of like how the triangles; I'm starting to feel more comfortable with triangles. I didn't even finish the warm up. My cardio is horrendous. I can kickbox for hours. I can probably grapple for hours too. Running and jumping around though, my cardio's not there yet. I could see my empty light flashing by the end of this class, but I thought about the video, you know the one that I posted before about how bad do you want it? I want that gold medal bad, and I know that I'm already hurt, I'm already tired, I might as well get a reward for it. And I pushed through and joined the MMA class.

Today's class was taught by Brett Cooper. We worked on a lot of wrestling off the wall. I was sluggish, but I ignored it and dragged myself through class. There was a guy that I met named Jussett, not sure on the spelling, he was my partner and he was a great partner. He wasn't tired, he pushed hard, and he was still really friendly and helpful when I did something wrong.

I was beat up and left in bad shape after each class, but one guy was with me the whole time and I give mad props to. Vance Swoboda is a warrior. He went through all the classes, he wanted to quit, but he wouldn't.

So now back to the doctor's office. I noticed that my Ferritin level was almost twice the maximum to be considered within the standard range. the standard range topped at 300 something and I was at 600 something. So, just so that I can ensure that I stay healthy, I booked an appointment to talk about the results and what I can do to make it better. I also took this opportunity to bring up the Paleo diet and he thinks that I'll be okay. He suggested I still drink milk for calcium, but I told him that the Paleo diet is against dairy and really only considers it if the dairy is from a grass fed cow. Then he suggested I could keep drinking my Almond Milk and take some calcium pills. He told me that my Ferritin levels can decrease with the more weight I lose, since according to Kaiser-Permanente, I am obese.

I ate:

Granola with Almond Milk
Breakfast Sandwich (English Muffin, Bacon, Eggs, Pepperjack Cheese)
El Pollo Loco Leg and Thigh Combo with Macaroni & Cheese and Spanish Rice with Corn Tortillas
1 "handful" of Almonds from the individual "Just a Handful" wrapped pack of Almonds from Trader Joe's
2 Scoops of BSN Syntha-6

I weigh an even 200. Oh and funny story. Tonight I was driving to a gas station. When I parked, I realized that I was nowhere near a gas station. I was at a donut shop and it's a good thing they were closed. Instead of getting gas, I just drove home, because I felt I probably shouldn't be driving if I thought a donut shop was a gas station.

No comments:

Post a Comment